Thursday, April 28, 2011

Y is for Youth -- Day 25 of the "A to Z Blogging Challenge"

Everything today seems to be about youth. Trying to get a job after 50 is difficult, at best. Nevertheless, I wouldn't trade my experience for youth. I'd hate to have to learn all those lessons the hard way again.

When I decided to make this blog entry about youth, I decided to search for a quote or two to use. Below are a few interesting quotes about youth. They all come from www.thinkexist.com. It never occurred to me when I started looking up quotes about youth that the best one of all would be from Sophia Loren.

"Youth is wasted on the young." George Barnard Shaw

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature." Dave Barry

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young." Oscar Wilde

"It takes a long time to become young." Pablo Picasso

"You are never too old to become younger." Mae West
 
"In youth we learn; in age we understand." Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

"Youth is easily decieved, because it is quick to hope." Aristotle
 
"There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of the people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age." Sophia Loren

2 comments:

  1. Great quotes. I have used thinkexist myself. I always find interesting things there.
    Your right about Sophia Loren's quote. No wonder she only gets better with the years.

    Pamela Jo
    http://theresjustlifeyaliveit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleta, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete