Thursday, April 7, 2011

F is for Family -- Day 6 of the "A to Z Blogging Challenge"

This one is a no-brainer. Most of my blogs have something to do with my family -- what they have done, what they should do, what I want from them, etc.... I know I have a bio related to this blog, but I'll tell you a little more about myself here.

I am the mother of 5, grandmother of 18, and great-grandmother of 1. These numbers will soon go up, as my eldest is planning to marry someone with 4 kids and one grandkid. I also have a number of "courtesy" kids and grandkids, as well as might-as-well-be's. Realistically I guess I'm something of an earth-mother type. I refer to my four sons collectively as "the borg" -- pun intended for the Star Trek fans among you. I am one of five kids myself, the flip-side of my kids. My parents had 4 girls and one boy, allthough two of my sisters are deceased, one due to illness and one due to accident. I already have a piece written about the latter for the appropriate day.

Before I became a mother and then subsequently a grandmother, I was everyone's aunt. This was partly because I was an aunt from the age of three. I've always been around kids in some manner. Some of my earliest memories are of sitting in a room with one or more of my sisters tending to my nieces and nephews. As I got older I became the designated babysitter, as well.

Despite all of this I don't consider myself to be an expert on children or childrearing. Each child is a new and unique experience. The ony thing I would say unequivocably is that kids are exponential. Two kids are twice as much trouble as one, three are twice as much trouble as two, four are twice as much trouble as three, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment