Friday, March 25, 2011

CPAP Tales

I think I've had sleep apnea for most of my life. I don't remember a time when I didn't tend to wake up with a headache, usually a blinding headache. I've been using a CPAP since 2003 and for the first few years it helped a lot, but over the last few months it has become painfully obvious that it was no longer working well enough. Because of this I have had trouble staying awake during the days and often woke up with blinding headaches like the ones I had before I got the CPAP. I had a new sleep study done on Tuesday night and got my new CPAP with higher pressure and oxygen on Wednesday, March 24, 2011. Last night was my first night with the new CPAP and I can already tell the difference. The first improvement was that I woke up with very little headache this morning. If that was all the new CPAP did I'd be happy, but its not. I have drifted off into a dazed state or fallen asleep while sitting today. I tried to lie back down this morning and didn't really HAVE to sleep any more like I usually do. I also fell asleep much faster last night than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment