Monday, March 28, 2011

CPAP Tales -- Day 4

Ok.  I've decided that my new CPAP truly is my best friend in the world. Normally when I have a sore throat and a cough I don't sleep at all because it turns into a "no air night."  With the new CPAP and the oxygen they have added to it, I actually slept last night rather than propping up and barely dozing or sucking on my inhaler every hour.  I still feel rotten but I'd feel a hundred times worse if I hadn't slept well.

When I got up this morning I didn't think I could consume anything other than ice water and hot tea because my throat was so sore.  By 10:30 my stomach thought my throat had been cut because I couldn't eat. My throat, on the other hand, was convinced that I swallowed a cheese grater with a razor blade chaser. I have never appreciated hot oatmeal more in my life. It soothed my thraot AND my stomach.

Now on to the business of watching my 3 and 4 year old granddaughters until their parents get home. Normally the older one would be going to pre-k at noon, but she has had a fever and we are keeping her home.  Thank goodness for Dora the Explorer. lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment